Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve & Community Craft Market
Where do we go?
• Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve
Hluhluwe Imfolozi Game Reserve is the premier game reserve in KwaZulu-Natal. It is Africa's oldest conservation area, and is highly acclaimed for its remarkable save the rhino conservation project. This 96 000 hectare reserve is home to The Big 5 (lion, leopard, rhino, elephant and buffalo) as well as cheetah, wild dog, hyena, and a wide variety of antelope, birds, reptiles and plants. The game drive runs through what was once the royal hunting grounds of the Zulu King Shaka.
• Zamimpilo Community Market
Zamimpilo Community Market is sustainable tourism at its best. It's an impressive market of more than 100 stalls, and it's run with creative efficiency to provide a seamless experience where you can access hand-made African arts and crafts. It's an ideal souvenir stop and an opportunity to support local communities. You can taste seasonal fruit and vegetable, and hear first-hand stories of how the art is created.
Is this the tour for me?
- Yes, I have One Full Day Available to tour (If you have less or more than 1 full day that's okay – check out our other options or talk to us!)
- Yes, I want to visit a Big 5 Game Reserve
- Yes, I like Wildlife, Nature and Conservation
- Yes, I'm interested in Birding
- Yes, I'm interested in Photography
- Yes, I'm interested in Local Arts and Crafts with Community Participation
- Yes, I'd like to see or purchase Handmade African Souvenirs and support Sustainable Tourism
What did others say?
"We saw soooo many animals!!! Elephants, rhinos, zebras, monkeys, baboons, wildebeests, giraffes, antelope,
as well as a male lion feeding on a recent kill.
It was an unforgettable day, not just because of the animals, but because of our guide.
He's such a nice person and so knowledgeable about the animals, reserve, South Africa - all things really."
What's included in the tour package?
- Pick up and drop off within the Durban metro area
- Entrance fees
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Local snacks
- Morning coffee/tea and muffin
- Picnic or Restaurant in the Game Reserve
- Sundowners / Limited Alcoholic Drinks
- Use of binoculars
- Fully attending experienced tour guide
How long will we need?
- 12 hours
So when can we leave?
We look forward to our pre-planning chat, so we can build in your preferences and requirements into your itinerary.